Thursday, September 1, 2011

Shall We Update?

I guess a bit of an update is in order. Still haven't heard back from the publisher about The Klown Kroo. When I get done with my current project, I will probably go back to the klowns and do some more rewriting and polishing. As for Mary of the Aether, the publication date is quite a ways off, so I haven't had any editorial work to do yet. I did join the private forum for Whiskey Creek authors. Not much else to report on that end.

I have been working a bit here and there on the sequel to Mary of the Aether. I'm thinking about changing the title of the sequel to Mary of Shadows. I am 86,000 words into it, approaching the climax. Chapters fifteen, sixteen and seventeen are basically one long chase scene through the town of Chesset. It was arduous to write. I hope it works. I just got to chapter eighteen, where sudden, surprising things happen, and then we'll build toward the final showdown and the end. I expect the book to come in at about the same length at the first book, possibly a little longer.

Latest chapter titles, for no particular reason:

Chapter Sixteen - Closing In
Chapter Seventeen - All Roads Lead to Chesset
Chapter Eighteen - Complications

I think my idea in this prolonged chase scene is for the town itself to become a kind of character in the story. We'll see if I pulled it off when I get around to the first read-through.

Anywho, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment