Wednesday, February 22, 2012

DONE!

Well, I did it, folks. I completed the rough first draft of Deep Water. It came in at 192,023 words. Thirty four chapters and an epilogue. My goal was to write 1,000 words a day. Let's see how I did. It took me 167 days to write (September 9, 2011 to February 22, 2012). That's an average of 1,149 words a day. Not too shabby. I expect I have a lot of work to do in the rewrite. I barreled through without ever really going back to check on things as I wrote.

So there you go. Our chapter titles: Metal Men, Water Dream, Wrath of the Patriarchs, Among Merchants, Lord-General, Dark Passage, White Fire and Gray Teeth, Ashes of the World, Agony and Bloodstone, Naresen, The Shattered Shield, On the Wall, Fire in the Sky, The Breaking of All Things, Lords and Madmen, On Calethis, Shadows in the Fog, A World Ever Broken, Nethil and the Wives, Blood and Fire, Hunger and Grief, Dekir's Town, Smoke and Ashes, Dream Sick, Words of Madness, Off the Cliff, Fading World, Washed Away, Hammer and Fork, A Quiet House, The Shadows of Setheria, Echoes and Memory, Descent, Lights in the Sky, Epilogue.

Those chapter titles are subject to change, of course, as are many things. I expect to add scenes along the way and pare down the excessive prose. Well, there you go. That, ladies and gentlemen, is technically the seventh novel I have written in my adult life. Is it the best? Possibly. Klowns might be better. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment