Saturday, January 21, 2012

Well, Tea and Mustard!

The great and dreadful dream sickness continues, my children! Deep Water is now at 140,887 words. That's no small amount of words, ye wordsmiths of old. We've got some exciting chapter titles. Let's see here:

Chapter Twenty Two - Dekir's Town
Chapter Twenty Three - Smoke and Ashes
Chapter Twenty Four - Dream Sick
Chapter Twenty Five - Words of Madness
Chapter Twenty Six - Off the Cliff

Don't those sound like some thrilling latest chapters? Oh, yes, terrible things happened in Dekir's Town, but what can you do? Hovels full of wretched people and emaciated dogs are no place for magical battles, folks. My stars and garters!

Okay, that's all for now. We are mere chapters away from the climactic showdown and the revelation of various things and the tenderest moment of all. Tighten ye girdles and brace yourselves.

For the record, I started this book on September 9, 2011, which means I've been working on it for 135 days so far. It also means I averaged 1043.6 words per day. That may not be an impressive word per day average for a professional writer, but it does mean I have hit and surpassed my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment