Finished some final work on The Klown Kroo. Nothing major. Corrected a few typos, rewrote some awkward sentences, added a few paragraphs here and there, eliminated redundancies. Most importantly, I added a thematically necessary paragraph to the epilogue. All in all, I think the manuscript is about as good as it's going to get and ready to be perused by an editor. I've queried quite a few publishers, so now it's just a waiting game to see who will respond.
In the meantime, I have continued writing Deep Water. I finished the first chapter and worked a little bit on the second. Already had the pleasure of writing a really disturbing dream sequence. The book stands at 5,369 words.
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I should add, Carl's advice factored into this final rewrite. Specifically: Gave a little more reasonable origin for the name Disturby (Disturby Dave). Cakey and Karl don't like the name Disturby Dave and make other increasingly insulting suggestions. Made David's transition to violence less abrupt (he can feel the anxiety building to a breaking point). Covered the couch in the Green Room with garbage bags, so the wetness doesn't get all over our dear clowns. David questions Cakey's decision to drag the captain's body around, Cakey talks about the captain's hand having a destiny to fulfill.
ReplyDeleteOther additions: added a bit to Cakey and Belle's conversation in the cell (illuminating their history together, Belle gets her feeling hurt by an unintentionally scathing remark from Cakey), changed the scene where Belle disses David to make it kind of touching and sad (and possibly produce a little sympathy for Belle), little more in the epilogue about what the Klown Kroo might do when they run out of healing slime, and a few more little things here and there.
But Councilman Peavey is still butt ugly.
Excellent! Glad to have been of assistance. I look forward to purchasing a copy at my local book store.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!