Monday, June 27, 2011

Update City, USA

I suppose I should post an update on all the various and sundry developments in the writerly life of Reginald McNard, aka secretly me. I will bullet point them, for this makes it more special.

-I sold my novel, Mary of the Aether, to Whiskey Creek Press. The contract is already signed. I have been assigned an editor, and she is supposed to contact me in another month or so. It will be an e-book and trade paperback. I already received a hefty Author's Handbook full of various things I have to know and do once the editor contacts me. Deadlines will be upon me like phantasms of the night.

-I completed The Klown Kroo, worked on it a bit and queried some publishers. The manuscript is currently being considered by one particular publisher. We'll see how that goes. Response time is slow, so it will be a few months until I hear back, I imagine.

-I am working on the sequel to Mary of the Aether. I am approximately 50,000 words into it. It's called Mary of the Darkness. I envision this as a four book series. But I'll get there when I get there, as the cuellos rojos say. Now that I have a contract for the first book, there is incentive to write the others.

-I also have a sequel idea for The Klown Kroo. It would take place primarily in the post-apocalyptic North American nation of Lakota and would involve a mime-like cult. We'll see if I ever get to that point. Got to sell the first book beforehand.

There you go. Every glorious bullet point you ever wanted to know about. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment