Really struggled with the last story. It was originally titled, "Nuffy and the Egg," but "Nuffy Noe" became "Mark Moyer," and the title of the story changed to "Dogs and Open Doors." I'm still not entirely convinced the story works, but Lisa thinks it does. So there you go. Anywho, here is the updated submission report:
Story Title -- Submitted To (Response):
Tinni and the Chain -- Absent Willow Review (accepted, appeared January 16, 2010)
Stick Boys -- Intergalactic Medicine Show (rejected)
Feeding the Grong -- Silver Thought
Robo and the Little Door -- Weird Tales
Leaping -- Intergalactic Medicine Show (rejected) THEN Bewildering Stories (accepted)
Planet Feast -- Big Pulp (received, not yet accepted or rejected)
Grandfather’s Room -- M-Brane SF (rejected) THEN The Nautilus Engine (accepted, appeared February)
Profaning the Leistra -- Anotherealm
Heart Case -- Twisted Tongue
Attached -- Absent Willow Review (rejected) THEN Black Ink Horror (rejected) THEN Dark Fire
Panorama of Failure - Realms Magazine
Seeing Through Doors - Absent Willow Review (accepted, appears March 16, 2010)
Stone Breaker -- Intergalactic Medicine Show (1/29/10)
Cakey and the Rubes -- Sideshow Fables (2/4/10)
Dogs and Open Doors - Weird Tales (2/12/20)
If anyone is keeping score, that is four stories accepted for publication thus far. Not too shabby for two and half months' work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's hard bringing back old stories or characters. It's kind of like Chris Metzen retconning Azeroth to pieces.
ReplyDeleteI was actually trying to take a story that I wrote when I was seven years old and make it into a viable adult story, and I found that I couldn't quite do it. The names of the characters were too weird. But I did retain the major plot points, chiefly that Nuffy (now Mark) sees an egg rolling across the parking lot one day and finds a trans-dimensional bird-like creature inside of it.
ReplyDelete