Thursday, January 21, 2010

Writings

I originally created this here blog just as a way to keep track of my writing and to provide some accountability for myself. Sort of a journal to help keep me writing. Lately, however, I have been posting to Zen Gaming IRL instead, for whatever reason. But to keep this blog from being totally dead, here is my current submission history. This represents all the of the stories I have written and submitted since late November of 2009. The only exception is "Tinni and the Chain" which I actually wrote a number of years ago. Also "Feeding the Grong" was partially completed earlier in the year, but I finished it in November.


Story Title -- Submitted To (Response):

Tinni and the Chain -- Absent Willow Review (accepted, appeared January 16, 2010)
Feeding the Grong -- Silver Thought
Robo and the Little Door -- Weird Tales
Leaping -- Bewildering Stories
Planet Feast -- Big Pulp (received, not yet accepted or rejected)
Grandfather’s Room -- The Nautilus Engine (accepted, appears February)
Profaning the Leistra -- Anotherealm
Heart Case -- Twisted Tongue
Attached -- Dark Fire (received, not yet accepted or rejected)
Panorama of Failure - Realms Magazine
Seeing Through Doors - Absent Willow Review

This evening, I began writing yet another story called "Stone Breaker." I have noticed that even though my stories are all fairly unique and different, I keep dealing with the same themes: yearning for freedom, dealing with one's own failures, and resignation. So there you go. I have a message for the nerds of the world, I guess, and that message is, "Be free, understand that you are a failure, and resign yourself to your fate." Hmmm, sounds like a contradiction somewhere up on in there. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment